My Thoughts on Reading

Welcome to a self-professed bookworm's ramble about... wait for it... BOOKS. Shocking, I know.

Reading is one of the best things EVER. My heart truly hurts for those who cannot read, for whatever plethera of reasons--a saving grace is the audiobook, and reading to one another. Still, it isn't quite the same. When you sit down and read a book, the gears of imagination begin turning in ways they usually wouldn't.

One moment you're opening the covers of your favorite book, and then BAM! You're riding a broom high above a Quidditch field. BAM! You're swiping claws to defend your territory. BAM! You're alongside a famous detective solving a perilous case. BAM! You sit amidst a war, writing a diary. BAM! You're battling titans. So on, so forth. The possibilities are endless!

With so many genres, one cannot pick a favorite. With so many authors, how can one befancied about the others? With so many books, how can you walk out of the library without a stack towered high? Truly endless possibilities lead to truly flustered situations whenever topics of favorites come up. But, its a conversation so fun if you can whittle past the utter indecisiveness of it all.

Learning to read is hard, I assume (I honestly don't recall), but the payoff is fantastic. Not only is reading fun, but reading is also educational. We read instructions in school, we read school books, we read music sheets, we read our answers. Although, I will admit, intellectual reading can seem boring at times.

But, still, can you imagine a world without reading? There would be havoc. Chaos. Discord would reign!  We'd all be running frown pink clouds pouring chocolate milk--it would just be a mess.

For instance; can you close your eyes for a moment and think of your favorite book, books, or book series? Thanks! Now, imagine that the said series doesn't, never had, and never will exist (I don't know about you, but for me, that would be TERRIBLE).

Some even find reading soothing. What do I mean? Well, take me for an example; when it's in the middle of the night and I wake up from a nightmare, what do I do? I pray for safety, then turn on the lamp, grab a book, and spend the rest of the night reading (that may explain why on occasion I come to the school table with bags under my eyes, like I did this morning). The most important book in the world--the Bible--is extremely soothing (I find it soothing, anyway, because even though it talks about some less-than-settling things, I am a Christian so I know that no matter what trials I may face, it shall be nothing compared to the eternity I will spend in Heaven with my Savior).

My conclusion; reading is an amazing imagination starter, time passer, soother, and it's flat out necessary (even if occasionally boring).

Thanks for reading! Subscribe for more!

~Bekah the Bookworm

Comments

  1. Nnnoooo not Discord! FYI for people who don't know he is one of the big EVIL villians from My Little Pony and if u want to know how I know this don't question me! I simply watched every season and episode even the movie so just DON'T question me, unless you would like to learn more about MLP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's reformed(ish). PLUS HE'S MEGA COOL.

      FLUTTERCORD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Bekah. Books are awesome! (Especially the Bible). Books are my life. A life without books would end in tragedy, with the tragedy being me going insane.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts